Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter!

Hello again! Today I decided to do some cake pops straight outta the book by Bakerella for Easter -- Chickies and Eggs! 

I was excited for these!  I have to say, though, these took me about 5 hours to perfect.  Simple cake pops with just candy coating and sprinkles take about 2 hours to do.  But these Easter Chickies and Easter Eggs were very detailed and required many steps. 

On the inside of the pops is simple vanilla birthday cake.  They came out gorgeous!  Below are some pics of the cake balls (before they become pops) and the finished product.  You also get a glimpse of my secret weapon -- a miniature cookie dough scoop that helps me produce uniform cake balls.  I don't know what I'd do without it!

Happy Easter everyone!!!






1 comment:

  1. They're adorable! But is it wrong that I want to bite right into the head of a chick? Maybe I should just down the whole thing...

    ReplyDelete