Sunday, February 26, 2012

Red Velvet Cake Pops

Now, I personally don't "get" Red Velvet.  WHAT is Red Velvet?  Is it chocolate?  Is it red?  About how much red dye is in this stuff?  Is it turning my insides red???

At any rate, these were made using Red velvet cake, cream cheese frosting, White candy coating and red sanding sugar.

Now, I have to admit, I was a bit nervous to make these.  Red Velvet cake, by definition, is always very greasy.  And this is not good because excess oil/grease tends to seep out thru the candy coating and create little balls of oil on top of the cake pop.  And this can look ugly.  So I did what I always do and reduce the oil in the cake mix recipe to only 2 tbsp.  They turned out delicious and my co-workers sure did love them!






No comments:

Post a Comment